Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Office Space

I rewatched Office Space last night. It's much more meaningful when you're unemployed. Without going into too much detail, my situation is very similar to that of Michael and Samir.
I can also relate strongly to Peter. The feeling of being wanting to leave the rat race behind and just do nothing is something I can strongly relate to. I'm not going to do that because it doesn't pay, but it's still an appealing thought. The more I learn of the white collar world, the less I want to be there, and so I find Peter's move into construction to be a similar to what I'd like to do. I wouldn't want to do it forever, but just long enough to find a more viable alternative to the corporate world (Academia? Small business?). One of the underlying messages I see in the film is, that you don't have to like your job, you just need to find one that doesn't detract too much from the rest of your life. I have yet to accomplish that...

No comments:

Post a Comment